Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- Seasonal vegetables, sliced or cut into bite‐size pieces
- Grapes or other seasonal fruit, cut if needed
- Fresh bread
Cashew Cheese Ball
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 6 hours
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Nature’s Path Flax Plus Multibran Flakes
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Nature’s Path Flax Plus Multibran Flakes
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Pinch each sea salt, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp canola oil or other neutral vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- One 14‐ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 cups torn spinach leaves
Cashew Cheese Ball:
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
- In a high‐speed blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. This may take a few minutes; stop to scrape down the sides of the blender container as needed. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour to firm up.
- To make the coating, in a food processor pulse the cereal, almonds, dill and salt into a coarse meal. To serve, form the cheese mixture into a ball by placing it on a piece of plastic wrap and pulling up and twisting the ends to form a ball. Unwrap the ball and roll or top with the almond‐cereal coating.
- Heat the oil over medium-high in a cast iron pan or heavy-bottomed skillet. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until nicely caramelized.
- In a food processor, combine the caramelized onions, lentils, walnuts, tamari, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- To make the topping, in a clean food processor combine the cereal, pumpkin seeds, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Sprinkle on top of the pate and serve.
- Using a food processor, pulse the garlic to mince. Add the chickpeas, tahini, water, lemon juice, canola oil, and salt and process until smooth.
- Add the artichokes and spinach and pulse to combine. Scoop the hummus into a bowl to serve.
- To assemble the charcuterie spread: Place the cheese ball, pate, and hummus on a serving tray alongside vegetables, fruit, crackers, and bread.
- Dig in!