Delicious vegan and gluten free nut butter cups that anyone can enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp finely ground espresso powder
- ½ cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/3 cup Sunrise Crunchy Vanilla cereal
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips, coconut oil, and espresso powder and mix until very smooth. Alternatively, place these 3 ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 20 second intervals, mixing between each interval, until melted.
- Line 6 muffin cups with paper liners and place 2 tsp of melted chocolate into each liner. Using a small spoon, push the chocolate about ¾ of the way up the sides of the liner.
- Place about 2 tsp of Sunrise Crunchy Vanilla cereal into each chocolate-lined cup and freeze for about 10 minutes, or until the chocolate has solidified.
- Remove the cups from the freezer and add 1 generous tablespoon of almond butter to each cup. Smooth out the top and return to the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once the almond butter layer starts to solidify, divide the remaining melted chocolate over the top of each cup to cover the almond butter, about 2 tsp each. Top with a teaspoon of cereal for decoration and return to the freezer for another 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden. Serve immediately for an oozy filling or store in the freezer until ready to serve. Thaw the cups in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes before serving to soften filling
Radiant Rachels is founded by two besties with the intention to share their ridiculously tasty plant-based recipes. The two girls (Rachel Leung & Rachel Chew) are based in Vancouver, Canada, where they can be found hiking the North Shore mountains or wandering the aisles of Whole Foods. If you don’t find them doing either of these activities, the Rachels are in the kitchen working on and shooting a new recipe for their blog. If none of the above applies, you might find the Rachels “dying” and “crying” of laughter with each other’s company or eating bowl after bowl of cereal.