When cold weather rolls around, nothing beats a twice baked sweet potato – warm, nourishing, and wholesomely sweet. Dress it up with fragrant herbs, warming spices, and a splash of maple syrup. Top it off with the satisfying crunch of Pumpkin Flax Granola and you’ve got a winning dish.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (each about 1 lb), halved lengthwise
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped sage
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Plus® Granola
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season sweet potato with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Place cut side down on prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in small skillet set over medium-low heat. Add shallot, garlic, sage and allspice. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Scoop out flesh from halves into a bowl, leaving about 1/2-inch layer inside skins. Set skins aside.
- Mash sweet potatoes with garlic mixture, maple syrup, remaining salt and cayenne pepper, if using.
- Top each evenly with Parmesan cheese and granola. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until warmed through.
Calories per serving: 193
- Fat 6.5g
- Cholesterol 8mg
- Sodium 164mg
- Carbohydrates 31.5g
- Fibre 3.5g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 3g