Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Time: 1 hour
Kick off your gluten-free meal with these sweet and savory Qi'a superfood crackers. Add some guacamole or salsa and you've got a party!
- 1/4 cup Qi'a™ Superfood - Chia, Buckwheat & Hemp Cereal Cranberry Vanilla
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Stir together cereal, flax seeds and 1/4 cup water.
- Let stand for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Place rice, quinoa, tamari, honey and salt in food processor; pulse until well blended and sticky.
- Add cereal mixture; pulse until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Place 1/4 of the mixture on sheet of parchment paper and press as thinly as possible.
- Top with a second piece of parchment paper; using a rolling pin, roll out as thinly as possible.
- Remove top layer of parchment paper and set aside.
- Transfer rolled-out portion with parchment paper to baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes or until cracker is dry and lightly golden brown.
- Reduce heat to 300ºF; bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Break into pieces; repeat three more times with remaining cereal mixture.
- Crackers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Tip: Serve crackers with hummus, guacamole or tzatziki for dipping.