These irresistible, chewy cookies offer the delicate sweetness of anti-oxidant blueberries a bonus of sunflower seed crunch. They vanish fast and freeze well, so you might want to double the recipe.
* 2 1/4 cup Nature’s Path Sunrise® Crunchy Vanilla Cereal
* 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
* 2 tbsp. Cornstarch
* 1 tbsp. Tapioca Flour
* 1/2 tsp. Xanthan Gum
* 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
* 1/8 tsp. Ground Cardamom (optional)
* 1/4 tsp. Salt
* Egg Replacer equivalent to 1 large egg
* 1/2 cup Butter (4 oz), melted and cooled to room temperature
* 1/3 cup Blueberries, dried
* 1/3 cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
1. Set rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375F. Line a large cookie sheet with baking parchment.
2. Place cereal in bowl of food processor and grind to a medium-fine flour. Add sugar, cornstarch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, cardamom (if using), and salt. Pulse a few times to combine.
3. In a liquid measuring cup, beat egg replacer. Blend in butter. With motor of processor running, pour egg-butter mixture through feed tube into flour, and process just until combined. Transfer batter to a bowl and stir in blueberries and sunflower seeds.
4. Shape heaping tablespoons of dough into balls. (If dough is sticky, chill for 30 minutes before shaping.) Set balls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet and press down gently with fingers to flatten slightly.
5. Bake until lightly browned around edges, 9 to 10 minutes. Slide parchment paper onto cooling rack.
6. When cookies are room temperature, gently peel off parchment. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.