Not only does SmartBran ™ boost your fiber intake, but it adds body and a beautiful sheen to this Indian-inspired soup. Using frozen, pureed squash makes this recipe especially quick and easy to prepare.
* 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
* 4 tsp. Curry Powder, Madras-style (mild)
* 2 pkg. Squash (12-oz. each) frozen, pureed, unseasoned
* 4 cups Vegetable broth
* 1 cup SmartBran™ cereal
* 3 tbsp. Cilantro, finely chopped, for garnish
* Salt and Black Pepper, freshly ground, to taste
1. In a 3-quart, heavy soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add curry powder and stir for 10 seconds. Immediately set both blocks of frozen squash and into pot.
3. Pour in broth and add SmartBran™. Bring mixture to a boil.
4. Cover and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Stir well, breaking up any blocks of squash.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until all squash is defrosted and all SmartBran™ cereal has dissolved and thickened soup, about 2 more minutes.
6. Ladle into soup plates. Garnish each portion generously with cilantro.