No need to prepare cous cous for this tablouli: just pour some puffed rice into a bowl and toss it with lots of fresh chopped parsley and mint to create a refreshing salad. Some chopped red cabbage, tho not a traditional ingredient in tabouli, gives the mix terrific color.
* 3 cups Red Cabbage, finely chopped
* 3 cups Nature's Path Rice Puffs
* 1 1/2 cups Fresh Mint Leaves, tightly packed, chopped
* 1 cup Parsley, tightly packed, chopped
* 1/3 cup Olive Oil
* 3 tbsp. Lemon juice, freshly squeezed, plus more to taste
* 2 tsp. Prepared Mustard
* 3/4 tsp Salt, or to taste
* Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
1. In a large bowl or storage container, combine cabbage, puffed rice, mint, and parsley.
2. Prepare dressing in a small bowl by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and lemon zest (if using).
3. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Adjust seasonings. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.