A slightly exotic twist on traditional party mixes. And a much healthier alternative, too.
* 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
* 2 tbsp. Mild Madras Curry Powder
* 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
* 3/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
* 3/4 tsp. Salt
* 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. Cayenne (optional)
* 3 cups Nature’s Path Optimum Slim® Low Fat Vanilla Cereal
* 1/2 cups Pumpkin Seeds, un-toasted, shelled
1. Place rack on bottom third of oven and preheat to 325°F. Line a lipped baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. In a large bowl, blend oil, curry, cumin, garlic, salt, and cayenne (if using). Add cereal and pumpkin seeds; toss to lightly coat.
3. Pat into a single layer on baking sheet, and bake for 3 minutes. Stir. Continue baking until fragrant, about 2 minutes more. (Take care not to burn.)
4. Cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 1 week.