Chock full of health-promoting goji berries plus sunflower and pumpkin seeds, these whole grain breakfast bars make an ideal snack or breakfast on-the-run. The acid in the yogurt reacts with the baking soda to give them a light texture and pleasing crumb.
* 3 pouches Optimum Power® Cinnamon Blueberry Flaxseed Hot Oatmeal, uncooked
* 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, plus 2 tsp. additional for preparing pan
* 1/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed
* 2 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
* 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
* 1/2 tsp. Salt
* Egg Replacer equivalent to 1 large egg
* 1 1/3 cup Vanilla Yogurt
* 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil, plus more for greasing pan
* 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds, raw, unsalted
* 1/3 cup Dried Goji Berries or Currants
* 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Seeds, raw, unsalted
1. Set rack in center and preheat oven to 375F. Brush oil on 9-inch square pan and dust with flour.
2. In large bowl, combine instant oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, beat egg replacer. Blend in yogurt and oil.
4. Reserve 2 tbs. sunflower seeds and add remainder to dry ingredients, along with liquid and goji berries. Mix just until flour is absorbed; do not over mix.
5. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Smooth off top and scatter on reserved sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Very gently press them into batter.
6. Bake 9 minutes. Rotate pan. Continue baking until edges are golden and begin to pull away from sides of pan, and cake tester inserted into center comes out dry, 7 to 8 minutes longer.
7. Set pan on rack to cool. Cut in half, then cut each half into 4 or 5 bars. Store in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 4 months.