Making this hot apple cider will fill your home with the rich comforting scents of the holidays.
- 2 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 1 star anise
- 2 ½ cups non-alcoholic apple cider
- ½” knob ginger root, peeled
- 1 orange, washed
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel zest from orange. Take care to remove as little of the bitter white pith as possible.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, toast cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, and star anise until fragrant.
- Turn heat down to low and add apple cider, ginger, and orange peels. Cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Strain and serve hot.
Brittany Mueller is a Canadian-based vegan food blogger, recipe developer and photographer. Brittany's blog, I Love Vegan, features a delicious mix of home-style and healthy recipes perfect for vegans and the veg-curious!