A sunny lemon chia seed loaf topped with a sweet and crunchy Chia Plus™ Coconut Chia Granola streusel.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, soft (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 3/4 cup granola
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, soft (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together chia seeds, soy milk, and lemon juice. Set aside to thicken.
- Make granola streusel.
- Cream together the coconut oil and sugar. Add the thickened chia seed mixture and mix on high for 2 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add water to wet ingredients. Sift in the dry ingredients and mix on high for 30 seconds. Fold in the lemon zest.
- Line a non-stick loaf pan with parchment paper. Empty batter into loaf pan, top with streusel mixture and bake for 30-40 minutes (until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and streusel is golden brown).
- Pulse granola in a food processor until the texture has evened out slightly (no large chunks of granola).
- Cream together the sugar and coconut oil. Mix in the water. Add granola, flour, and salt. Mix with your hands, making sure to encourage random sized bits of streusel.
Brittany Mueller is a Canadian-based vegan food blogger, recipe developer and photographer. Brittany's blog, I Love Vegan, features a delicious mix of home-style and healthy recipes perfect for vegans and the veg-curious!