These pancakes are a snap to make. The instant oats dissolved in the liquid, leaving just a pleasing hint of texture. The addition of hemp ratchets up the protein and Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids.
* Egg Replacer equivalent to 1 large egg
* 2/3 cup Buttermilk, well-shaken
* 2 pouches Nature’s Path Hemp Plus® Hot Oatmeal, uncooked
* 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
* 1/2 tsp Vegetable Oil
* Maple syrup, Honey, or Preserves, for serving
1. In medium bowl, lightly beat egg replacer. Blend in buttermilk. Stir in oatmeal and baking soda.
2. Let sit for 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat a heavy griddle or large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brush a light film of oil on top. When oil sizzles, ladle on 1/8 c. (2 tbs.) batter per pancake, allowing space for spreading. Cook until tops are dry around edges and bottoms are speckled golden brown.
4. For best results, shove thin spatula under entire pancake to flip. Continue cooking until second side is speckled brown and pancakes are cooked in center. Serve immediately with syrup, honey, or preserves.