Waffles make a great substitute for bread. Called panini in Italian, these melted cheese sandwiches are easy to make at home. Serve them with mesclun tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette for lunch or a light supper.
* 2 Slices Mozzarella, smoked or fresh
* 2 Nature’s Path Home Style Waffles
* 4 to 6 Strips Oil-Packed Sun-Dried Tomatoes
* 1 tsp. Pesto Sauce
* 1 tsp. Olive Oil
1. Place a slice of mozzarella on each waffle. Spread pesto on cheese and set tomatoes pieces on top. Add 2nd slice of mozzarella and set second waffle on top.
2. Heat a large, heavy skillet and brush with oil. Set sandwiches in skillet and set a heavy pot on top or press down with a spatula. Cook uncovered over medium heat until bottom is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
3. Carefully flip over and continue to cook and press down until second side is browned and cheese is melted. Slice in half, if you wish. Serve immediately.