You can bake the quickly assembled batter in a standard waffle iron, but there’s something about the shape of a Belgian waffle iron that makes them especially elegant.
The berries in the Nature’s Path cereal and the strawberries in the yogurt give the waffles a fruity flavor and a dots of bright red.
* Egg Replacer equivalent to 2 large eggs
* 1 cup Strawberry Yogurt
* 1/3 cup Water
* 2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
* 2 tbsp. Honey or Agave Syrup
* 1 cup Nature’s Path Flax Plus® Red Berry Crunch
* 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
* 2 tsp. Baking Powder
* 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
* 1/4 tsp. Salt
1. In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg replacer. Thoroughly blend in yogurt, water, oil, and honey. Add Flax Plus, crushing flakes in your hands as you go. Stir well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir dry ingredients into yogurt mixture.
3. Heat Belgian waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. If waffle iron isn’t nonstick, lightly brush top and bottom with oil.
4. Spoon about 1/4 batter onto waffle iron, and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Gently transfer to a plate and serve immediately. Alternatively keep warm in an oven set to 200 degrees. Proceed with remaining batter.
5. Extra waffles may be frozen in a well-sealed container for up to 4 months.