Makes 4 cups
Our friend and renowned chef, Akasha Richmond developed a few Indian-inspired recipes for our 30th anniversary celebrations. Here's an easy-to-make snack mix with a little spice and full of nuts and cereal.
- Makes 3 & 1/2 cups
- 2 cups Nature’s Path Organic Heritage Flakes Cereal
- 2 cups Nature’s Path Organic Rice Puffs Cereal
- 2 tablespoons coconut or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chaat masala (available online or in Indian markets)
- 1 ½ teaspoons sambar masala (available online or in Indian markets)
- ½ cup toasted cashews
- ½ cup toasted peanuts
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Salt to taste
- In a large wok or sauté pan over medium heat, toast the cereals for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and let cool.
- Heat the oil in the same pan over medium heat, add the mustard seeds, (stand back, they pop!) and curry leaves.
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the salt, spices, nuts and raisins.
- Mix well and cook for one minute.
- Turn off heat, add the cereals and toss in a bowl.
- Add additional salt if desired.