Sweet and savoury flavours come together to make a meal that is ideal for breakfast, lunch – or even dinner.
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crushed Nature’s Path Sunrise Crunchy Maple cereal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/4 tsp each cayenne pepper, salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 6 Nature’s Path Homestyle Gluten Free waffles, toasted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, warmed
- Whisk together flour, crushed cereal, baking soda, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Stir in buttermilk until smooth.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Dip artichoke hearts into batter and shake off excess; fry for 2 or 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer to paper towel–lined plate.
- Serve fried artichokes over toasted waffles. Drizzle with maple syrup.
Tip: Serve with hot sauce for an extra kick if desired.
Per 1/6 recipe
- Fat 23g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 520mg
- Carbohydrate 46g
- Fibre 7g
- Sugars 14g
- Protein 5g