Coated with a sweet-and-savoury crumb mixture, these baked avocado wedges are great in tacos, but you can also serve them as an appetizer with your favourite dip.
- 1/2 cup Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Granola
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp each garlic powder and ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 fresh mint leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line baking sheet with foil; grease lightly. In food processor, pulse granola, bread crumbs, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper and until finely ground.
- Cut each avocado into 8 wedges; brush with olive oil. Gently toss in granola mixture. Arrange in single layer on prepared baking sheet; bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Lime Dressing: Meanwhile, whisk together lime juice, tahini, olive oil, agave, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Tacos: Divide lettuce, tomato, onion and radish slices evenly among tortillas; drizzle with dressing. Top with avocado wedges. Sprinkle with cilantro and mint.
Tip: Serve with hot sauce for those who like it spicy!