Qi'a, zucchini and chocolate chips? Yup. Together, these three deliver a super moist and flavourful snack cake that's nutritious too. (You don't have to mention the zukes to the kids, by the way. Just cut 'em another slice.)
- 1 &1/2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup hemp or buttermilk
- 1&1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 &1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup Qi’a Apple Cinnamon Cereal
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar and oil together. Whisk in the hemp milk and vanilla until emulsifies. Add liquid ingredients to dry ones with a rubber spatula, stirring enough to blend. Fold in the zucchini, coconut, Qi’a cereal, and chocolate chips, mixing only until combined.
- Transfer batter into prepared pan, smoothing to edges. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake on a wire rack until room temperature.