Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa (approx.)
- 1/2 cup Nature’s Path Love Crunch® Granola – Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter, finely ground
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
Peanut Butter Icing:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 cup Nature’s Path Love Crunch® Granola – Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup 35% whipping cream
- 6 oz chopped semisweet or bittersweet chocolate or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; grease parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whisk sugar, flour, cocoa, ground granola, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In separate bowl, combine milk, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla; gradually beat into flour mixture until moistened.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually add 2 tbsp hot water until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on rack.
Peanut Butter Icing:
- Meanwhile, beat butter until light; beat in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in icing sugar and milk, making 3 additions of icing sugar and two of milk, starting and ending with icing sugar.
- In small saucepan, heat cream until just simmering. Pour over chopped chocolate in bowl; stir until melted and smooth.
- Invert cooled cake onto large cutting board dusted with cocoa; peel off parchment paper.
- Slice cake into three layers. Place one layer on serving platter; spread with half of the icing and sprinkle with 1/3 cup granola.
- Top with second layer; repeat with remaining icing and granola.
- Top with third layer; pour ganache over top of cake, smoothing top and allowing ganache to drip over edges.
- Sprinkle with remaining granola. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until ganache is firm.
Per 1/16 cake
- Fat 21g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 330mg
- Carbohydrate 50g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 33g
- Protein 5g