This simple blueberry jam is bursting with chia seeds and punchy lemon zest. The bright flavours and mix of healthy fats, fiber and protein are sure to add a little sunshine to your day!
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- Zest of 2 lemons
- In a medium saucepan, heat 3 cups blueberries, ½ cup sugar, and 2 tsp lemon juice over medium heat. Stir often.
- Once the blueberries have released their moisture stir in 4 tbsp of chia seeds. Stir well and break up any chia seed lumps.
- Turn the heat down to a low simmer, add the lemon zest, and continue cooking until the jam has thickened and the blueberries have broken down. The jam will continue to thicken slightly as it cools. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Transfer the Blueberry-Lemon Chia Seed Jam to a clean sealed jar and store in the refrigerator.
Brittany Mueller is a Canadian-based vegan food blogger, recipe developer and photographer. Brittany's blog, I Love Vegan, features a delicious mix of home-style and healthy recipes perfect for vegans and the veg-curious!