Start your morning with this sweet and satisfying blueberry banana baked oatmeal! It’s studded with sweet blueberries, sliced banana, toasted pecans or walnuts and a dusting of brown sugar.
- 2 cups Nature’s Path Old Fashioned Organic Oats
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed or chia seeds
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 2/3 cups soy milk
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¼ cup toasted pecan halves
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- In a 9” x 9” baking dish, combine oats, ground flax seed, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine soy milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup. Mix well and slowly pour over dry ingredients.
- Top with frozen blueberries, sliced banana (pushing them into the oatmeal slightly), and pecan halves. Sprinkle everything (focusing on banana slices) with brown sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes (immediately after assembly.) Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Optional: Top individual servings with non-dairy milk.
Freezing tip: Cool, slice into servings, and wrap individually. Reheat in microwave.