This super fruity Berry-Cherry Chia Jam is loaded with raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, and good-for-you chia seeds! Chia seeds thicken this easy jam and add fibre, healthy fats, and protein.
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 ½ cups mixed berries, 1 ½ cups cherries, ½ cup sugar, and 1 tsp lemon juice over medium heat. Stir often.
- Once the berries and cherries have released their moisture, stir in 2 tbsp of chia seeds. Stir well and break up any chia seed lumps.
- Turn the heat down to a low simmer and continue cooking until the jam has thickened and the fruit has broken down. The jam will continue to thicken slightly as it cools. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Transfer the Berry-Cherry Chia Jam to a clean sealed jar and store in the refrigerator.
Brittany Mueller is a Canadian-based vegan food blogger, recipe developer and photographer. Brittany's blog, I Love Vegan, features a delicious mix of home-style and healthy recipes perfect for vegans and the veg-curious!