With less than 15 minutes of preparation time, you can create a luscious and elegant dessert by baking sliced pears tucked under a crunchy, flavor-packed, wholegrain granola topping.
* 6 ripe pears (about 2 lbs.), cored and sliced
* 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
* 2 cup Ancient Grains Granola*
* 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into bits
* Ice cream or sorbet for serving (optional)
1. Set rack in center and preheat oven to 375°.
2. In an 8-inch square baking dish, toss together pears, lemon juice, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Remove foil and distribute Ancient Grains Granola* over pears. Distribute butter on top.
5. Bake uncovered until pears are tender and top is lightly browned, 15-20 minutes longer.
6. Cool on a rack for 5-10 minutes.
7. To serve, spoon into dessert bowls. Top with a scoop of ice cream, if you wish.