We are currently looking for a National Accounts Manager to join our Canadian Sales team. This position will be accountable for the management and development of Nature’s Path major grocery channel business, consisting of a network of broker retail coverage, distributors and retail accounts to build revenues and increase market share. The primary responsibility of this role will be to manage Sobeys on a National basis, Safeway and Tree of Life.
Achievement of pre-determined Sales and Spend Budget by:
- Developing and implement a business plan and sales strategy for your assigned accounts to ensure attainment of company sales goals and objectives.
- Identifying potential opportunities for total category growth through analysis and sales insights
- Leveraging consumer and retailer data in fact based selling to provide value to customer and to improve retail perception of Nature’s Path being an expert in the Organic category
- Initiating and coordinating development of action plans to penetrate new markets and to gain new distribution.
- Providing excellent merchandising and category support to retail representatives
- Accurately analysing sales trends to provide an effective demand plan (forecast) allowing for reduction in shorts and an improvement in overall service levels
- Assisting in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Creating and understanding promotional budgets and activities for the assigned market/territory
- Managing the internal tracking system to identify actual versus plan and works with Finance and Sales Support to target plan.
- Collaboratively working with internal departments to effectively manage unauthorized and invalid deductions with your assigned accounts
Achievement of Broker and distributor management by:
- Setting Promotional Planners and Goals for each of the assigned customers that are managed through a broker and/or distributor
- Setting Sales and Spend Goals for each customer managed through a broker and/or distributor
- Reviewing these goals quarterly along with setting additional goals.
- Facilitating and ensuring broker responsibilities are understood, performance measurement objectives are identified, reviewed and monitored on an on-going basis in order to provide feedback on accomplishments and immediate action is taken to remedy shortfalls.
- Providing training, support and evaluation of other sales personnel.
A commendable reputation of Nature’s path in the business community and public by:
- Respectfully and capably represents the best interests of Nature’s Path in all internal and external dealings.
- Requires the same standards from all staff in their internal and external dealings.
- Exhibits professionalism with clients and enforces Nature’s Path values.
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related discipline preferred, or other job-related or equivalent business experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in sales in the Natural and/or Grocery Trade. Specific Sobey’s experience extremely beneficial.
- Experience in managing Brokers and/or distributors at a grocery level
- Proven track record in a retail environment
- Thorough knowledge and ongoing awareness of current sales and business development concepts and practices
- Expert in Fact based selling and thorough understanding of data usage
- Experience with broker networks and retail sales
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Cognos/CRM knowledge is beneficial.
- Ability to effectively communicate in an open and direct manner; conveys information clearly and concisely, with strong, written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%.