Friday, June 28, 2013
We are currently looking for a Human Resources Coordinator. This position reports to the Human Resources Manager and works out of our Richmond office.
Critical outcomes for this role include:
Dedicated, focused and capable team members to meet our current and future people needs:
- Provide support and counsel to team members regarding human resources related requests and questions.
- Conduct recruitment efforts for positions in the Richmond, Canadian Sales and US Sales team, including phone interviews, coordinating personal interviews, working with recruiters (where required), conduct reference checks and preparing employment offers.
- Ensuring employees have a thorough on-boarding process, including comprehension of all policies and programs, three month review, regular training, performance reviews, and exit interviews.
- Maintain accurate and timely information in both HR files and electronic recordkeeping controls.
- Provide input and support to the Human Resources Manager in the general operations of the department, assisting in various projects or assignments.
- Manage the performance/goal management software including regular updates, system maintenance, and training for new joiners.
- Support the Training & Organizational Development Leader to coordinate and roll-out all internal training programs, including some facilitation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Accurate and timely benefit administration and recordkeeping by:
- Coordinate and maintain benefits for the locations including enrolment, processing of documentation, responding and managing leave requests, responding to team member’s questions, and performing related compliance and reconciliations.
- Ensuring all team members have up-to-date and accurate employee files
- Monitoring to see that all policies and systems are used effectively and consistently.
A commendable reputation of Nature’s Path in the business community and public by:
- Respectfully and capably representing the best interests of Nature’s Path in all internal and external dealings.
- Working within the HR Department to be part of a high performing team of human resources professionals who are capable of delivering results effectively and efficiently.
- Ensuring a positive and productive work environment that will attract and retain high caliber, motivated employees.
- Consistently setting a personal example in leadership, as “servant leader”.
- Motivating, guiding and directing all staff to contribute to their maximum to the realization of Nature Path Foods’ goals and objectives.
Success in this role will require:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Human Resources or related field
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in progressively responsible human resources position.
- Demonstrated ability in MS Office products.
- Previous experience with payroll and benefits administration desirable, using ADP.
- Thorough knowledge of employment and labor law.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong ethics in regards to privacy, confidentiality and protecting the interests of the company.
- Excellent customer service skills to meet the requests of our team members.