Every year, our team strives to make it further down the path to sustainability. To help us along our journey, we signed the Sustainable Food Trade Association’s declaration of sustainability in 2008 and we've been using their guidelines to chart our course ever since. Building on the momentum of previous years, in 2011 we managed to take some pretty big steps, steps that helped us achieve some great wins for both people and planet.
Below are some highlights from our CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Report . If you want to download the complete 80 meg PDF document, there's a link for that, too.
- Diverting 92% of our waste from landfills;
- Reducing the use of electricity, paperboard, and CO2 per pound of product shipped;
- Empowering employees to take ownership of sustainability and green initiatives through Self Directed Work Teams;
- Launching our ‘Bite4Bite’ program with a $1 million commitment to North American food banks;
- Donating $2 Million in cash and food to the hungry;
- Keeping 204,000 lbs of chemical pesticides out of the soil.
Together with the support of the SFTA and the encouraging voices of conscious consumers we’re excited to continue on this journey towards leaving the earth better than we found it.
As always, we welcome your feedback and any ideas you have to help us cover even more ground in 2012.
Download the entire Corporate Social Responsibility Report (PDF Document)